G0OMH - Radio Forum / Announcements / Forum News / New Transceiver Hi there, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Transceiver
13-01-2018, 04:34 PM
New Transceiver
Hi everyone.

Well I've finally lost the plot Big Grin I've gone an bought a new transceiver... It's something I've been looking at for years and years and years. 2017 was a really bad year for me and this year's not been that good so far either, so I thought why not treat myself..

So I did.... I now own the little FT-817ND QRP transceiver, I love QRP and always have so took the plunge. What a lovely little radio, I've read some really good reviews as well as many bad reviews but I think it's a super little rig, easy to use very portable after all that's what it was made for... and I love it.

It came today (Saturday 13/01/18) I've not really given it a good test as yet but have had a quick tune around the bands and I have no complaints.

I plan to buy a new car sometime this year and hope to use the FT-817ND /P
Can't wait to get on the bands and try it out with CW and SSB plus I will be using the radio for WSPR too ( I have the software etc. ) And may even try some other digital modes too. Anyway I'll keep you up to date on the 817 and how thing's go with it. I'll be updating my QRP page soon to incorporate the FT-817ND and my /P activities. Take care all.

73 / 72 Peter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply